01 Mar SUPPLIER SQUAD ~ Charlotte Mills Bridal ~ Wedding Shoes
I came across Charlotte Mills Bridal when trying to find fashionable wedding shoes for a Win a Wedding Competition I had planned. And I’ll tell you, if you find wedding shoes with comfort, a lot of the time, the style element is lost and visa versa so I’m so glad to have came across this wonderful company! Charlotte Mills Bridal not only has the comfort but her wedding shoe collection has heaps of style too!
And the reason the style is found in heaps… wedding shoe designer, Charlotte, graduated from the prestigious Cordwainers (part of London college of Fashion) along with its Alumni – the likes of Jimmy Choo, Patrick Cox and Sophia Webster! So in fab shoe company for sure! Charlotte followed her dreams and created her own brand in 2014 when she launched her first collection.
Charlotte’s most important goal is to create shoes that stand out from the crowd, are romantic and fun, all whilst being comfortable enough to last the day. There are honestly SO many gorgeous options to choose from so today, Charlotte is giving you her top tips for choosing the right wedding shoes.
Over to you Charlotte….
Top Tips For Choosing The Right Wedding Shoes
by Charlotte Mills
Charlotte Mills is a British bridal footwear brand, based in Manchester. Charlotte’s most important goal is to create shoes that stand out from the crowd, are romantic and fun, all whilst being comfortable enough to last the day. Each pair features Charlotte’s special signature details – they are hand finished with an original silver sixpence embedded in the sock of every pair and the luxurious leather soles are delicately embossed with the phrase:
“Something old, Something new, Something borrowed, Something Blue and a silver sixpence in her shoe”
A pair of Charlotte Mills shoes has everything covered – the Something old” is the silver Sixpence, the “Something new” is your shoes, Something Borrowed is an envelope we provide which can be sent back to us with a picture of you in your shoes, and your “Something blue” is the blue detailing in the in-sock.
Wedding planning is such an exciting time, however with so many decisions to make it can sometimes feel a little overwhelming! So we’ve put together a handy guide, to help you when you’re choosing your bridal shoes. See below Charlotte’s top 6 tips!
1. Wear the shoes on carpeted surfaces before wearing them on the day to make sure you’re used to the heel height and you don’t get any blisters.
2. Buy a heel height you’re comfortable with. If you usually only wear mid to low heeled shoes, then that’s the height you should choose for your wedding day. We offer most styles in our high block heel and our low block heel, so you’ll be able to find the perfect heel height for you!
3. Bear in mind the time of year. If you’re getting married in Autumn/Winter you might prefer a closed toe shoe. And if your wedding is in Spring/Summer you might choose an open toe sandal.
4. Would you like to wear your wedding shoes again after your special day? By choosing a shoe in a different colour (like our blue range) you might be more likely to wear your Charlotte Mills bridal shoes again after the wedding. Perhaps styling them with a lovely dress for a special occasion, or even whipping them out of the box to wear them on your anniversaries.
5. Make sure you choose the correct fit! Being comfortable is so important on such a special day. We offer our bestsellers in our Wide fit range. And we’ve also worked really hard to ensure that our shoes are as comfortable as possible. With features such as our luxurious
latex padding which has a memory foam effect!
We hope this little guide has made your shoe shopping a little easier! But if you need any more help at all, just get in touch! There’s nothing we love more than talking to brides about their wedding shoes.
Dresses kindly loaned from:
@harriettegordon via @archive12
If you’re sold on having a pair of Charlotte Mills Bridal Wedding Shoes, take a look at the options here…